Where you all are from!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bird sighting

I just walked outside to throw out the trash and heard the most beautiful songbird...I managed to get a good look at it and found it in the bird book...it's a Brown Thrasher. They are known for their distinctive melodies. I'm going to try and get a recording of his singing.
I got a picture with my 200 mm lens, but you can't see him very well in this picture.




Here's a stock photo showing the Brown Thrasher a lot better!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anita said...

I heard and saw one of those in Sparta, WI once- in an old orchard on the steep side of a ravine. It was memorable! Used to keep a log of all the birds I saw back in the States; not much point to it here, considering we have sparrows, pigeons, doves, ravens, crows and bigger uglier birds from the crow family...and that's about it!