Where you all are from!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bluebird news

The bluebirds were beginning to build a nest in the new bluebird house this morning. How exciting! I had just bought some mealworms and put some out for them to try and lure them, but looks like they came on their own. Now tonight there's not much activity and there's not much of a nest built, but the mealworms are all gone! We were not here during the day to watch them, so not sure what happened, but hopefully they are still around and will finish what they started. I probably won't get any pictures as the house is a ways from our back deck.

In other birding news, I set some things out to attract the Baltimore Orioles back...a feeder with sugar water and a bowl of grape jelly! That's what they suggested at the bird store! :-) I'll let you know how that goes.


Also bought a suet cage and cake and it will be fun to see what we get on there. Nuthatches and woodpeckers are supposed to like those.

Found a robin's nest in a crabapple tree. I lifted Logan up and he said he saw some blue eggs, so we hope he's learning his colors correctly! I'll have to see if I can get up there and get a picture without knocking the nest down. :-)

No comments: