I was so excited to find 6 more Monarch eggs on my milkweed plant in my flower bed! Of those, 4 survived, so I have 5 tiny caterpillars crawling around chomping down on the milkweed I picked from the roadside. Here's one of them:
I also just now found a Black Swallowtail on my parsley, so now we have that process going, too. He's a medium-sized caterpillar, so he's been eating on my parsley for a little while, which was how I found out I had one...the tips of my parsley plant were eaten off.
I'm one of the few who actually plant things so they CAN be eaten by caterpillars. :-) Ha!
I'm one of the few who actually plant things so they CAN be eaten by caterpillars. :-) Ha!
Here's Mr. Swallowtail: (Sorry the picture turned sideways on me!)
So this is my set-up inside my butterfly house. Milkweed and Monarchs on the left, Parsley and Black Swallowtail on the right. Stones to hold it down in all this wind we've been having! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment