Where you all are from!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

From the butterfly house...

Seven of the Monarch chrysalises came out today! 6 females and 1 male. It was quite the event! I took some video, too, which I will be posting later. Amazing! I never tire of watching them!

Here are 2 of them coming out all scrunched up. It's amazing they even fit in that chrysalis.


Got a little bit of everything going on here...butterflies coming out, caterpillars J-hooking, butterflies still drying...it was a busy morning!


I still have lots of caterpillars still eating, too, so more generations to come! I had to go make a milkweed run today, but found lots of good stuff on the roadside. One man's weed is another man's butterfly feed!


Here's 5 of them drying out. It was quite the sight. Wish we could've released them all together, too, but haven't figured out how to do that yet...




Here are the videos:

This one is of a butterfly coming out of his chrysalis:



And here is Logan releasing one.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anita said...

that's pretty impressive!

Jess said...

How beautiful is that! Thanks for sharing Julie!