This was my first time to witness a Monarch caterpillar shed its skin. It was neat!
I had been wanting to catch a glimpse of it...I always see their shed skin around the butterfly house, but never actually saw it. With all the caterpillars I have at different stages, you would think I would see it sometime! So today as I was watching them all, I saw one start wiggling in a very different way...not just crawling...and I knew I was about to get my wish!
These pictures will probably not show it the best (click on the pic and it will enlarge it on another page), but nonetheless...
Here is the little guy starting to wiggle...
I had been wanting to catch a glimpse of it...I always see their shed skin around the butterfly house, but never actually saw it. With all the caterpillars I have at different stages, you would think I would see it sometime! So today as I was watching them all, I saw one start wiggling in a very different way...not just crawling...and I knew I was about to get my wish!
These pictures will probably not show it the best (click on the pic and it will enlarge it on another page), but nonetheless...
Here is the little guy starting to wiggle...
Skin is getting pushed down his back...his antenna are flat to his body (I wonder if his antenna are new, too?)
He is out of his old skin...there's not much left!
Walking away a brand new man...or lady! :-)


1 comment:
Those are really amazing pix! Yay!!
Post a Comment